The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Second Chance


==============


Above, the sun is out, platinum-clad

Rich, robust, hot and haughty

Blithely unaware of the moment next

Assured, it has a bright second chance.


Here, along the flowing tarmac

The flotilla of fatigue moves on

But where? To the goal that eludes

For aeons is not over yonder.


Reaching there or rushing for it?

Every step is a journey in itself

The end is just the beginning, they say

Wonder, why do they rush all the way?


The Present has left something far behind

And the path permitting no retracing

Rushing ahead is the only option

The Future would restore everything lost.


Imagine and compensate

And that’s the mantra for all the stress

There exists something beyond the maze

A second chance, let me start it afresh.

_____________________

By

A. N. Nanda

Bhubaneswar

23-01-2010

______________________

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Melyong said...

Hi Uncle Nanda,

I like this poem a lot. Especially the last stanza. Second chances are essential. And the photo of a rainbow is apt with this poem, a symbol of hope. I really like this!

4:34 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Welcome back, Melly. I'm soon writing again for my blog. Hold on, just a few more days to complete the book I've steered so far up till the twenty-seventh story. In Hindi this time, once again.

And I know I'm doing a lot of injustice with my muse. Some poetry is still in me, you know!

Nanda

1:18 AM  
Blogger Melyong said...

You're writing in Hindi a lot but it's fair as it is your national language. And I know that there'll be translation here for me to read! All the best with the new book!

1:28 AM  
Blogger wanderer said...

A second chance....
A frequently begged for
set of words...
but seldom granted...
seldom grabbed upon...
seldom achieved...

regards,
wanderer

4:41 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Well said, Wanderer, a second chance is always as nebulous as that!

And welcome to my blog.

Thanx.
Nanda

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home