The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Poem to Chant: Owning for Good


============
Owning for Good

==============

Carrying the calendar along its nocturnal streak

The night was limping…

A new date would soon draw closer

As I craved my sleep.


It was no suddenness

No impulse for the cute little glow-worm

And it chose to fly in, as a matter of habit

Into my thin den, afloat in darkness.


A crowded place as it were,

Sleep and dream just waited at my doorsteps

These days,

Like the poor mendicants at the doors of affluence.


But the glow-worm dared—

My friendly little fly

Just glowed for a friend’s fancy

Ever obliging, ever so considerate.


My partner was not happy

She was just not happy with a glow-worm

Trespassing into the dark enclosure called the privacy

She owned the darkness then

and owns it zealously to this day.

**************************

Bhubaneswar

19-11-2005

_____________________________________

By

A. N. Nanda

Patna

9-12-2009

_____________________________________


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home