The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Updates on Virasat

============================================
Today DD National Channel telecast on its programme, "Patrika" a short but crisp introduction of my Hindi book "Virasat". It said about the lucidity of its style, the profundity of the subject matter chosen, the experiential nature of the plots, the professional identity of the author, its publisher (though wrongly)…and funnily, if not finally, its price. It showed the book cover and the photo of the author. For an introduction of a new author on the national channel, it is no mean thing to have happened. At least a few million viewers would have seen that. I'm told by people who matter that a proper review of the book on the channel is coming soon. Let me hope it so.

There is another award coming for the book. Aha! Did I say award? And after resolving that I won't disclose that unless a letter is received? Information received through phone call is not sufficient--shouldn't I say that?
=============================================
By
A. N. Nanda
Muzaffarpur
02-09-2009
=============================================

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger maglomaniac said...

Congrats Mr Nanda.
And again congrats in advance for the secret undisclosed one too.
Introduction on national television does hold a great value.
I was going through your previous blogs too and came to know about your poetry book.
I had heard that publishers aren't interested in a poetry book.
So how did you manage it.
And how was the public response.
Was just being a bit inquisitive:)

~Harsha

2:48 PM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

And the funny thing is that, Harsha, those who know me had expected that the channel would cover my book more elaborately than it actually did, with my interview and sorts (very much like film stars blabber). And now seeing the programme vanishing before the words could sink was an anti-climax for them. How do I convince them that I'm not really as great as they think of me? Poor me?

Thanx.

Nanda

7:29 PM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Oh yes, Harsha, I'd be happy to share my grief story with you, my tryst with a publisher, a nationally reputed one at that. This is in my blog, too, and the link is

http://ramblingnanda.blogspot.com/2006/07/happy-with-my-muse.html

Thanks.

Nanda

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Sir
I want to buy your book VIRAASAT...Please provide a link for it as I cannot find it on the Internet. ..
Thank you

10:47 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thank you, Rishav, for your curiosity about my book. It was a self-published book with no distributor that you can find in the Internet. Please let me know your postal address and I'll send you a copy. You can email it.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home