The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Fog


====================
Nostalgic moments extract the best out of us; the twinkles of wistfulness emerge in colourful embellishment. And then poetry emerges out of the fuzzy ambiance. So is my feeling as I recall a poem from my book of poem, "In Harness" ISBN 81-8157-183-5.
====================
The Fog
------------
Social green is awash in political white
A coat of primer is a must, before re-toning
The old turns hazy, the new is promised
All know the fog would dissipate soon.

Confused passers-by flounder for direction
Even the nearest ones sadly appear marauders
Believer turns sceptic under the weighty dampness
We bump into each other, ignore, and disappear.

Fog showers heavenly ambience on everything mundane
Even the soothing moon has so far failed to achieve that
People catch sudden affluence and stink in the neighbourhood
It is true, people get used to it and fog showers the legitimacy.

We all pray in silence for the Sun to reappear
And fight for our right and restore them to us
The God incarnates when world is inundated
By the deluge of white lie and its embankments swept.
----------------
Bhubaneswar
27-10-2003
----------------------------------------------------------
By
A. N. Nanda
Muzaffarpur
28-5-2009
----------------------------------------------------------

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ankita said...

Excellent post! I really enjoyed reading it. I will be back for more!
Sincerely,
Ankita

helpdebtconsolidation.blogspot.com

3:17 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thanks, Ankita, I'm happy about the appreciation...and your promise of revisit.
Nanda

7:51 AM  
Blogger Melyong said...

Hi uncle nanda,

I like how your words blend together and put forth a strong message in it but not blatant. Hope that your new book is going good as well.

3:26 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Hi Melly,

I'm happy to see you dropping by. This is a poem I thought would carry my poetic quibbles against all those who think of somebody powerful that will always be there to protect our rights and serve them on a platter to us.

As to my new book, well, it's in Hindi, a language you'd not understand. Hence I've not sent a copy to you. But then again I'm going to translate a few of the stories for my blog. Please check out for the same next time you visit this page. The book has received a rousing response, well beyond what I had expected out of it.

Thanks and see U again.

Nanda

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home