The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Objects Through Lens

====================
I do not consider myself a talented photographer yet my last trip to Europe gave me some confidence in handling a camera. It is the easiest possible gadget since with digitisation, photography has become a child's play these days. Some fifteen years ago I had an SLR, a Pentax brand MX model, which was not a digital one and it took me quite a while to learn the basics. I had taken a few rolls of pictures and in time I had learnt to steady my hands with the shutter. But then I soon realised that to do justice with a hobby like photography, I should not mind spending a lot and probably that realisation distanced me from it. The camera was sparingly used. As a result, fungus grew on the lens and with difficulty I got it repaired in Kolkata. I remember how I fought with the repairer and had to go to a different person who finally did the right treatment with the machine. But alas! Soon some other snag developed. The model badly needed repair and it still does. Now it lies just like that in a corner. One day it will go as junk. I'm sure there is no repairer of a Pentax SLR these days left in the market.
=======================

Ten Minutes to Ten: Geneva


Creeper Contour: Ouchy, Switzerland


Water Tower: Geneva Lake


Sacre Coeur: Paris


The River Siene: Paris


Choose Your Way: Lausanne


Before Landing: Geneva


Eiffel Lit: Paris



Ceiling: The Versailles Place, Paris


Library, University TU Delft: Netherland


The Quaint Little Town of Burges: Belgium


The Imperial Dining: Versailles Palace

_____________________
By
A N NandaCoimbatore27-12-2011_____________________

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger NS said...

Really sir.... Now a days, in the modern world cameras itself capable of overcoming our in experience. But the photos displayed are so excellent and deserve good appreciation.Geneva, Swiss and Paris are in our eyes. Ten minutes to Ten seems Ten minutes to twelve.Am I correct sir?. In present days,no workman is available for repairing any goods older for five years.
-N.Subramanian Tirupur

8:54 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thanks, NS, for repeating your visit. It has to be 10 mts. to 10 if you locate the '6' at the bottom. Otherwise it was a live watch and I know we had not lingered on there till it was 10 mts. to 12.
A N Nanda

9:15 AM  
Blogger padmalayaa7 said...

Good Evening Sir, the photos are amazing and stunning. I got a chance to have a view of the rare photos of places which I can never be able to see. Thanks..

8:57 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Welcome back, Padma. In fact, camera has become an aid to our memory these days and sometimes it even enhances the pleasure of visiting a place by sustaining the feeling over time.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home