The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Original Jokes

===============================
I have always thought that only a happy person is capable of creating jokes. It comes to him automatically, or rather the humour he creates is the expression of the state of his mind. I don't think I'm capable of creating jokes and for the reason I may not go further. I am too lazy to convince myself that I'm happy...and jokes would not come to a lazy person too. As I rummage my archive, I find some of them in my repertoire in the early days of my blogging. To that I now add the last one and repost it.
===============================

TheIQ Test

__________

The teacher tests the IQ of his pupils.

Teacher: In Heaven gods and goddesses talk in sign language and mind-reading, and on the Earth humans talk in prose and swear words, right? Then tell me boys, in what medium do the inmates of the Hell talk?

A student: It’s simple. They talk in poetry.

Teacher: Wow! How could you know that?

The student: My mum has this thing to say to my dad, always:
“To hell with your poetry.”

* * *

The Poetic Process

_________________

A modern poet is asked to tell something about the poetic process. He gives his profound comparison, which is reproduced below:

Poetry is like nose picking. When you inhale the essence of the world around you it gels in your innermost province and then solidifies. It concentrates, seasons and sticks to you. But then it does not come out so easily. You have to force yourself to give out. It pains, and finally when it comes out you feel great. You look at it again and again and feel its clammy texture between your fingers. You don’t like to discard it even the world criticizes you. So goes my poem “Poetic Pick”:

I picked my nose and then the poetry came out
Out came poetry as I picked my nose.
Nose for picking and poetry for keeping
The world may go to hell the poems are mine.

* * *

Truth, Lie and Wit

_______________

Ask a child: who is the most beautiful woman around?

Child: my mum.

Conclusion= the child speaks the truth.

Ask his dad: who is the most beautiful woman around?

He replies: Obviously, she is my wife.

Conclusion= the husband lies.

Ask the wife: who is the most beautiful woman around?

Wife replies: She lives behind the mirror.

Conclusion= the wife is witty.

* * *

The Evolution

_____________

In the past when cows got hungry they used to go out for grazing. Now there’s no grazing field. So when they feel hungry they come home to eat.

Human being in the past used to come home when they felt hungry. But now with eateries abounding, they go out to fill their stomach like the cows of yester years.

_______________________
By
A. N. Nanda
Coimbatore
27-10-2011
_______________________

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Devaraj said...

Sir,
Namaskar... Jokes are fine. Witty person which is shown in the example are the most powerful persons now a days...Kindly post more jokes if possible...

With regards
Devaraj

6:54 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thanks, Devraj. In fact, jokes--I mean original jokes only--come but rarely. It's a function of mood; a highly creative mood is what it takes to have jokes hitting upon you. Still...

A N Nanda

1:04 PM  
Blogger padmalayaa7 said...

Humours with a ready wit, how nice. Thank u Sir for posting such kind of jokes. I was absent for a couple of weeks due to sudden illness. I was thinking of your upcoming articles all the while which I was missing.It is the powerful force of your writing that made my come back.

8:56 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thank you Padmalaya. I'm happy that you loved my snippets...and more so because you have sustained your interest in my blog.

A N Nanda

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny! Really clever jokes! Thanks for sharing your original wit!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home