The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Halt For Humour


By now I’ve copied and pasted enough from my old book. I know monotony has already crept in. So I should remedy this by posting some goodies. Here goes my recipe of jokes, my original ones. Hope they’re up to a standard.

===================================
1. With your knowledge of English, you can solve an engineering problem:
If you want to construct it strong, then insert another 'l' and make a pillar stand. It will definitely be stronger than a 'pilar'.
****************************************

2. Question: When a English ghost meets a Hindustani genie, how will they talk to each other?
Answer: Obviously, in Hinglish.
*****************************

3. The word pregnant means 'carrying a baby'. See how a journalist uses the word:
The house was ablaze. Everyone was running helter skelter. The baby surrounded by the fierce fire was crying bitterly. The fireman rushed into the fire and came pregnant.
***************************

4. I know there is only one inanimate feminine object in English:
The ship will go on her first sail.
I don't know if she is married or a spinster.
**********************************

5. Q: What is the difference between a doctor and a teacher?

A: A doctor prescribes whereas a teacher describes.
__________________________________________________________________
A. N. Nanda
Bhubaneswar
06/08/2006
____________________________________________________________________

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger padmalayaa7 said...

Respected Sir! I got a number of new articles came up when I was absent due to illness. Unless and until I finish reading them, I wont get solace of mind. This part is nice like other segments. The first one is something which took 1 minute to think and decide what it means. The third one could not stop me from laughing. Your articles are a boost for my energy.

9:24 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thank you Padmalaya sustaining your interest in my blog. I'm happy to see you digging so deep into my archives and making me revisit this for my response.
A N Nanda

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home