The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Saving Grace

_________________________________________________________
Yes, almost a month has gone without my looking at my darling blog. But then I could achieve something in the meanwhile. Oh, in silence I have been collecting good wishes. “The Remix of Orchid” is no longer a useless mass of text. The first blessing has already come into its bag.

What’s that?

“The Remix” will now carry the foreword of no less a writer than Mr Ruskin Bond. Agreed, it’s poised to become a self-published work, yet it’s not something to be thrown aside. With Mr Bond’s generous remarks, there should be some readers--at least some readers--encouraged to have the book. At the moment I don’t think I should continue creeping about being a neglected first-timer in the world of fiction.

[Want to know about Mr. Ruskin Bond? Try these links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruskin_Bond
http://members.rediff.com/ruskinbond/letsmeetruskin.htm
http://ruskinbond.rediffblogs.com/
http://www.penguinbooksindia.com/AuthorLounge/AuthorDetail.asp?aid=32 ]


To sound a bit authentic, let me quote from the morale-boosting foreword.

The Remix of Orchid’ is the maiden work of prose of Nanda. He has chosen, very intelligently, a theme that few attempt. The Andamans is a place that everybody wants to visit, at least once in a lifetime. It’s a lovely place and people would definitely like to read about it. And I can say this to those who love books: your choice of reading a book on the Andamans should start right here. With ‘The Remix of Orchid’ you will not be disappointed.
_____________________________________________________________________________
By
A. N Nanda
30/01/2007
_______________________________________________________________________________

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl E said...

Nanda,
Good luck with your book, with your writing, and with all you do in life...I am ending the life of my blog "we are hear now". It has served it's purpose and I must move on. My new user name will be Karl Ericson and for the time being I will likely not have any public blogs save my "live journal" account...you might find me there with the name kinderone1. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Peace, blessings, Bliss!
karl

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home