The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Friday, December 08, 2006

A Cover Design--The Remix of Orchid

___________________________________________________

Now that self-publication of the book Remix of Orchid is almost certain, let me try sketcing its cover design. I don't have any experience of doing anything like that in the past, yet this is an unique project where I'm experimenting my ability in almost all the departments of the publication, be it editing or making its page lay out, promoting or distribution. I know getting professional assistance helps, but there is a different charm in doing things on one's own.

I think the cover design looks a little wordy--or let me say texty--but I thought I should try to give it a web-page feel. So, there are blurbs taken straight from the book. Let my reader wonder, "Who's that impatient author who could not even wait till the maiden page of his book to belch forth his prose!"
_____________________________________________________




=========================================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home